IIT Madras - Interview Experiences

Yes. After the failure of IISC Bangalore, I went to IIT Madras. I came here for Texas Sponsored MS.
It is one of the very good programs in IITs in the field of VLSI. IIT Madras is best for some one interested in Analog Research.  I was prepared for a tough fight. 

I knew mentally that It would be very difficult for me to clear the rounds because the number of people whom they will call is all ECE Rankers < 1000 and all Instrumentation and Electrical guys with Ranks< 750.

There is no reservation for this program. Luckily I haven't had any.

I got there on May 1stitself. I had a friend Charan working in TCS. Both of us roamed around the city and went to sea shore and few other places. It was as if I came there for some other reason. But thanks to him, atleast roamed a lot in Chennai. Thanks for him for a lovely care.

Next day on May 2nd , I went to the College – IIT Madras. In the presentation by the Texas team, they have really made us get goose bumps for the company it is. It produces diverse products and today Texas is in the top position in Analog research and IIT Madras is like heaven for analog research. 

It has 3 gods of Analog – Nagendra Krishnapura, Anirudhan, Shanti Pavan.  Texas came with an offer of employment of 16L after successful completion of MS, although nothing is assured. They will also give us higher stipend of 20K for the first year and 30K for the next 2 years.  

I went to the written test. I was shocked to see the questions. They were not easy but neither were they out of box. I can assure you u can never come across such questions any where in any question bank.


Most of the guys were in the same mood. Don't know what to comment. They were such questions which required us to be theoretically Mr. Perfect, nothing less.

I will update all the questions once I sit back to write all those in a notebook. In the mean while you can refer to the given link. Actually One thing is that Texas will only ask transient analysis and Analog Electronics to a very deep level.


But this was a bit too tougher on my part. I knew that syllabus is Network theory and Analog Electronics. But I could not clear the written round due to my lack of understanding things in even perfect way.

It required a lot of mastery of the subject much better than mine.


But learnt again that I still need to improve.

               With low levels of Confidence and may be in a spot of bother whether I will not be able to manage to get VLSI seat through Interview, I read more for the next time... 

                            Chalo Delhi. next


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your valuable inputs/feedbacks. :-)