IIT Kanpur

The best place to be in after IISC and IIT Madras for research is un doubtedly IIT Kanpur. It is very good.  They have only Mtech and recently MS has been started. But I am putting my information only regarding Mtech.





IIT Kanpur has only 2 yr Mtech in VLSI ,Communications and RF. ( Apt and Useful to us)
From 2015, they also started MS, but I have very little information, I will update it soon since one of my friend ended up joining it and got placed recently in Dec 2016 in Intel !!!
They conduct interview/written test.  The number of seats are high on par with other IITs in each specialization. But the common myths are that the lower rankers like < 150 are not entertained there mostly because the management doesn’t want any one to leave their college  before completing their MTech for government job and waste a seat. So they ensure no one is there of that category. But this is common myth and need not be true.

AIR< 300 ( General Category )  - VLSI Call for Interview
AIR< 500 ( General Category )  - Communication Call for Interview

AIR < 700 ( General Category )  - RF Call for Interview

Since 2015, IIT Kanpur is starting MS also.  Check out once. 

If you have any specific doubts regarding things, you can comment here and I will try to answer to the best of my knowledge regarding rank and other doubts.

Next IIT is our Capital City College. . I know. all know. it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your valuable inputs/feedbacks. :-)